www.dannyjfitness.com

www.dannyjfitness.com
Brought to you by my trainer and her website

Friday, May 28, 2010

May 28th 2010 Is This What Pride Feels Like?

Well imagine that!! I am proud of myself.LOL Weighed in today for Danny J and am at 251.9lbs. Disappointed because I wanted the 240's. But I am very proud of myself. I bust my ass, and it is paying off. I have gotten so many supporters and it amazes me. Me, a nobody, has all these supporters pushing and encouraging me. People always say that when they get told they are an inspiration and things that it pushed them to work harder. I always said to myself "they are jsut saying that to be nice". Well I was wrong. Yesterday alone three people told me I inspire them, and I have heard it before, and it really does make you work harder. Makes you feel you ahve to live up to that. Because to be told that is such an honor and you need to make sure you are worthy of it. Now don't missunderstand me, I do not feel I am inspiring or anything special, but to be told that, really does make you work harder.

SO here is my promise to you all. I will not stop. I will not give up. I will be on stage. I will do this. Wasn't sure I could, but when you literally have hundreds of people telling you you can, you start to belive it. I thank each and every person who has supported me and helped me.

Today is my off day, but yesterday did shoulders. JT, basically killed me, but I loved it. I was in so much pain afterwards, and it was the best feeling ever. Sometimes people who don't udnerstand say to me "if you are hurting you should slow down" or "if it hurts, you should try something different". THey do not undestand that that pain is such a good thing. Means you killed it. If I leave the gym and am not sore, I am pissed off.

I am going to leave you with this. Recently I had the HONOR of training with Erika Shingary. Erika is an amazing woman who I truly admire and look up to. SHe writes a column for my Promoting Women blog. Well this week she wrote mostly about me and our day together. It literally made me cry. Thank you Erika. Here is the clolumn she wrote.

A couple weeks ago I had the opportunity to visit another gym with jason. I know that Jason touched on this subject in his blog, but I wanted to take the time to write about it as well. While we were talking the track duscussing out workouts, I noticed a man on the floor doing sits ups. I pointed him out to jason because this man is usually at my gym and constantly stares at me while I'm training. Well, it was hard for Jason to miss because he was doing the exact same thing as me this time. Now, I'm not jsut talking about someone glancing at you or maybe even looking a second too long. I'm talking about someone who completely stops what they are doing and stares so intensely that it feels like they are examining the insides of your soul!!

I agree with Jason and I understand that if you see an attractive person, you may give them a second look. But do you really ahve to stare in a way that makes them uncomfortable? Yes, we are proud of our bodies. That's why we are at the gym. BUt, this is a time that we are trying to get our training done. So please be considerate!!

Moving on, I want to tell you how it came about that I emt Jason. Sometime back I offered to workout with him. At that time he told me that he wanted to wait a little bit until he was in better shape. Then about 3 weeks later, he asked if I still wanted to. Of course I did! So through many messages back and forth we set up a day. jason kept asking me if I was sure I wanted to do it and he would understand if I would be embarrassed to be seen with an overweight guy. That amde me want to do it more. Why would I ever be embarrassed of someone who is working so hard and has such amazing goals set for themselves?

Jason is such a great person! He is probably one of the kindest people I have ever met. He is always talking about all the people that are an inspiration to him. Well, I want him and all of you to know what an inspiration he is to me! I think it is so awesome that despite a lot of negative commetns and even losing some friends because of his new goals, he keeps working hard and never gives up.

What a loss it would ahve been for me if I wouldn't have gone that day. Jason kept telling me what an honor it was for him to ahve me there. Well jason, what an honor it was for me!!!!

E

No comments:

Post a Comment