www.dannyjfitness.com

www.dannyjfitness.com
Brought to you by my trainer and her website

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

August 11th 2010 There is Eryn Strickland and Then There is Everyone Else




Check it out!!! Posting within two days of my last one. Has to be a record. Before I get to what this post is really about, a little about me. Weight today was 216.2lbs, so I am eligible for my cheat meal tomorrow. Can't wait. For those keeping track, 76lbs down, and 56lbs in three months with Danny J.

I want to talk about inspirations. You can get them from anywhere. From people or from goals, really anything. For some reason people look to me as one. But that was discussed last time I posted. One of my major sources of inspiration is Eryn Strickland.

Everyone knows my fondness for Allison Moyer. Through Allison I was made aware of Eryn. First thought is obvious for anyone who sees her. She is gorgeous. Plus throw in the fact that she has an incredible physique. Within minutes I became an Eryn Strickland fan. Super excited when she agreed to an interview on my other blog Promoting Women. Every once in a blue moon we talked on facebook with the occasional message, but that's about it.

Fast forward a little while. And suddenly through a terrific woman named Therese Janc I learned she is close with Eryn. Part of being Danny J trained has included my having a little more confidence and belief in myself. SO basically I professed my "Love" for Eryn to Therese, and hell, I really sucked it up and told Eryn. In the last week or so, I have become better friends with Eryn and we have talked and text.

But who is Eryn Strickland? I can not profess to know her a great deal, but I can profess to know her enough. Eryn is a Figure competitor, but one that "gets it". In a sport where I have both gained and lost respect for people, Eryn has gained a ton of mine. And I don't think I am alone in that. I have had so many competitors bad mouth other competitors to me, but never has anyone said a bad thing to me about Eryn. Why? As I said, she "gets it". She doesn't make competing her life, she makes it something she is good at and something she can do. But I believe she has bigger goals. She has the "I do it for me" attitude that some seem to be lacking. Eryn will go as far in the fitness industry and life as Eryn wants to go.

Why do I freely admit I love Eryn Strickland? HELLLOOOOOOOO!!!!! How can you not. Yes, she is beautiful, to me, the most beautiful woman on earth. BUt no matter how physically attractive you are, you cant be considered that beautiful if there wasn't more to you than that physical appearance. Take away the incredible body, take away the beautiful face, take away the as she calls it "ass-terpiece" she is working on (which by the way, working on? That's saying the Mona Lisa needs a touch up. Eryn, it has been created). Take all those away and Eryn is still going to be beautiful. Move past that outer beauty and you will see the outer beauty pales in comparison to her inner beauty. Eryn is a kind, sweet, caring woman. She knows my back hurts, and showed concern, she knows the progress I have made and always has something nice to say about it. She said when I compete, wherever it is, she will be there cheering me on. She encourages, supports, and motivates, and sometimes in this industry, that isn't always the case with people. Simply put, Eryn is amazing.

These are the things that make Eryn such an inspiration to me. Sure, the way she looks on stage, on a stage full of stars, Eryn shines brightest. Her hard work to get the body she brings to the stage, her dedication, all these things are inspiring. But to me, Eryn Strickland the woman is inspiring. The person she is, not the Figure competitor she is.

Eryn is moving to Vegas. Hmmmmm, me to. Hope that means we get to hang out. I have joked on Facebook, that I am marrying Eryn. Yes it was a joke, but it is also a standing offer. When I posted that, some people took it serious and sent me congrats. One guy said "Don't take this personal, but how the hell did you land Eryn Strickland". Well it was insulting, but really kind of true. Had I landed Eryn, you would be forced to wonder how it happened. Cause yeah, she is out of my league LOL. So Eryn, the marriage offer is always there. I will drive to Maryland right now. Eryn is not what every Figure competitor should be. Eryn is what every person should be. So thank you for being who you are. Thank you for being Eryn Strickland, because that is the biggest compliment I can pay.


Beautiful woman,
come out and play,
reveal your inner treasures.

The sparkle in your eyes,
the natural swing in your walk,
you radiate excitement and enthusiasm.

You need no latest fashion,
No expensive hair cuts,
No blinding big accessories.

You glow in your passions,
passionate in your pursuits,
you know what you are made of.

You are not easily bothered,
by the mindless opinions of others,
you know very well where you want to go.

you are a joy to watch,
an inspiration to others,
your pure soul an endless marvel.

Beautiful woman,
let your brilliance shine through,
your eyes speak of true inner beauty.

2 comments:

  1. Jason.....You are an absolute gem. You have no idea how much I needed to hear those kind words tonight. In so much uncertainty right now with where I want to go in the industry, where to take my career, and who can I REALLY trust right now.....you are a shining star and becoming such a dear friend. Thank you for believing in me so much. It is an honor to inspire anyone. You yourself are such a wonderful person, with an amazing fighter's spirit and I respect the hell out of you and all you have accomplished.

    Thank you. I am more blessed everyday that you are in my life.

    xo eryn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Eryn. You know I think the world of you and to have you as a friend (for now cause we are getting married) is a tremendous honor for me

    ReplyDelete